- Introduction to Graphic Communications: October 18, 2021
- Offset Press & Binding/Finishing: October 19, 2021
Led by PGAMA, the Print Strategic Industry Partnership (PrintSIP) consisting of printers, binders and finishers, educational entities, and industry-related non-profits, oversee the development of the program. Following are the 4 modules that were developed and delivered under the grant:
- Module 1: Introduction to Graphic Communications
- Module 2: Digital Production Printing
- Module 3: Offset Press & Binding/Finishing
- Module 4: Digital File Preparation and Output
Modules run for 5 weeks, 2 sessions a week, for 2.5 hours per session and are a combination of lecture and hands-on demonstrations. The modules are offered free of charge for attendees.
The heart of program revolves around Print[ED]—a nationally recognized accreditation for printing and graphics programs that is owned and operated by PGAMA. Modules are based on industry approved Print[ED] competencies, taught in Print[ED] accredited school labs, by Print[ED] accredited instructors. Students take Print[ED] SkillsUSA Career Essentials: Assessments at the end of each module to certify their knowledge.
In June of 2016 the DLLR awarded PGAMA an additional $150,000 EARN grant to expand the offering of the modules to other sites around the state. The grant period for the second grant runs from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2018.